- So, if you are a writer of flash-fiction (with at least a couple of publications, or a flash-fiction blog or something similar) then get in touch as we'd like to list you on the site. This applies to International writers too - please get in touch.
- If you run a flash-project such as a magazine, a blog or a website, we'd like to start a new section to feature those separately from the 'Writers' pages, so please drop me a line about those too. (Again, international projects also welcome.)
- If you are planning an event, even if you aren't sure of all the details yet, let me know so I can at least put something up to make people aware of what's going to be happening in their area. And, if you aren't yet planning an event... why not? If you need inspiration, some of the things happening so far include: flash-readings, flash-slams, competitions to be announced on or near the day, workshops and anthologies. If you're a student or teacher, why not organise something within your Uni or school? If you work at, borrow from, or live near a library, why not get in touch with them and see if they want to do something? If you have a local paper, radio or TV station, why not drop them a line and see what they think. At least one local newspaper will be running a competition, so why not suggest that to yours? (Also, if you are doing something, but it's not open to the public, such as a class being run in a school or uni, please let us know anyway so we can share it as a source of inspiration to others).
- If you have a blog or website, then please think about promoting the day. I'm available for online (or in person) interviews about it all, if that's any use to you.
- Conversely, if you would like to write a guest blog entry for us about flash-fiction, why you like it, how you came to it, how you do it, or anything else flash-related, we'd love to hear from you.
- If you have a webcam, why not film yourself reading a story and put it up to YouTube or similar. In the recent update we have added Nik Perring reading one of his and it looks great. We'd like to build up a YouTube channel if we can.
- Please share the FB page and website on your social media channels and get the word out there. Also, this bulletin will be on our blog soon, so please share that too. (http://
- And finally, if you would like to be the co-ordinator for your region, please do get in touch and we'll make it happen.
And, of course, if you think of anything that we haven't listed, please let us know, new ideas are happening all the time and it's great to be able to share. This is shaping up to be one heck of a day, but we do need your help to make it happen.